"Write It On Your Heart That The Ones You Love Are Life's Most Precious Gifts."

Photography

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Today I ran my 2nd 5K run. I am really proud of how much I have improved in 1 month. I decided to start doing 5K's to help me get motivated ( Thanks to my cousin Sarah suggesting it as an idea for keeping motivated.) I never thought of doing them before, but now that I have started, it keeps me training and wanting to improve myself. When I started, I was as far out of shape as you can imagine. After training for 1 month I ran my first 5K on July 5th. I did not get a very good time and I had to walk about 1/2 of it, but I finished the race.
Today I was able to run the entire 3 miles including a steep hill twice without stopping. I am not sure of my time, but I think according to Terry who was sitting by the people clocking the times, that it was around 36 minutes. If that is true, my time has improved by 5.5 minutes.
I still have a long ways to go to be as fit as I want to be, but I am proud of what I have done, and I will keep trying to improve.
The best part of the whole run was seeing Terry and my boys cheering me on at the finish line.
Landon gave me a big thumbs up and all of them gave me a big smile.
I hope that they will see me caring about my health and want to do the same.

5 comments:

Sarah and Todd said...

I'm so happy for you! Seriously SO excited! That is AWESOME! Congratulations, Annalee. I'm so impressed that after hearing a suggestion, you went out and just DID IT. Good luck with this, you're improving FAST!

vbergfamlee said...

So awesome! I'm so proud of you! Isn't running the best! I really meant what I said the other night about how great you look, too. Way to go!

Wendy said...

That is sweet! Keep it up!

michelle said...

Way to go! I wish we lived closer so we could run some together. I want to run the one on Thanksgiving day. So proud of you. What an inspiration you are!

Anna said...

I've gone to the Ogden marathon to cheer on my sister when she did a marathon. You can't help but feel excited watching all those people cross the finish line.

My kids run the 1 mile run with the Ogden Marathon. Maybe you should consider having your kids run it next year. I know they have a marathon and 1/2 marathon. They also have relay teams (I think). I'll find the website and let you know.

Oh, and yeah.. big CONGRATS! You are doing awesome with your running.