"Write It On Your Heart That The Ones You Love Are Life's Most Precious Gifts."

Photography

Monday, August 23, 2010

Pay check

So my son Landon and I were talking tonight and he asked me "mom why don't you get paid for all you do, you are always working so hard." I told him that " moms don't get paid to do what they do, that they do it because they love there children."
He then told me " mom I will pay you. " I told him that moms don't want money for what they do, but the way they are paid is when our children make good choices and our doing the things that we have tried to teach them ( the things that Heavenly Father would want them to do.), and when our children love us back.
He is such a deep thinker for a 6 year old, and wise beyond his years. Landon has always really been sensitive to my feelings and I love him so much.
He has also been learning to save his money. He wants to buy a skate board and I told him that he could do jobs around the house to earn the money. He now has $7.50 and the board he wants on e-bay is $10.00, there has been several times he has been tempted to spend some of it, but I remind him of his goal and he decides not to buy the smaller item.
The other day I told him that sometimes when we save for something better, it makes us feel good that we were able to save enough. He looked at me and said. " Yeah mom, I know exactly what you are talking about.
I just hope that as a mother I can teach him to value hard work and learn to save. I think so many kids today never learn to work hard and appreciate the things they earn. Everything is handed to them.
When I was a kid, my mom & dad made us work to earn money. Sometimes when I wanted something I would work at my Grandpa Norths apartments, and it was not easy work, but I appreciated the paycheck and what I bought with it much more because I earned it myself. I am grateful that she didn't just give me everything I wanted and taught me this valuable lesson. Thanks Mom and Dad for teaching me!

No comments: