"Write It On Your Heart That The Ones You Love Are Life's Most Precious Gifts."

Photography

Monday, October 11, 2010

Write it down before you forget!!!!

I have always been told, that you need to write down the funny things your kids say before you forget. This is soooooo true. My kids are always saying things that make me laugh and when I want to tell someone else or write it down, I have already forgotten.
So, having said this, I am going to try and write down those funny moments in their lives better. I think it will be a fun thing for them to reflect on, with their kids.
When my 4 year old Logan is done with whatever he is eating, instead of saying he is done, he will say "I want to save this for later." Well the other night Terry fixed him some dinner. After sitting and looking at it with a disgusted face for a few minutes he proceeded to tell Terry and I " I think I will save this for "WAY" later." I took that to mean, that he never wanted to see that plate of food again- but in a nice way.
(Disclaimer!!!!!! The food that Terry had fixed Logan was reheated Mexican food from a restaurant.) There you happy, I cleared your good name!!!!!!)
Then tonight we were having Family Home Evening and I asked the kids what feelings were. Logan said he knew, and then told me it was when you lift your hands in the air and your shirt is too short. ( I guess that could make you angry, embarrased, sad, jealous, and depending on the person lifting their hands up, even scary at times!!!!!!!!!!)
Then tonight as I was helping him brush his teeth I noticed a red mark on his face. I asked him if that hurt. He said yeah mom it hurts and so do my guts. I asked him what he meant by his guts hurt and he proceeded to point into his throat. ( I interpreted my guts hurt to mean I have a sore throat.)
Kids are so funny- I love that they are funny even when they are being so serious, it makes me smile :)

No comments: