"Write It On Your Heart That The Ones You Love Are Life's Most Precious Gifts."

Photography

Sunday, October 17, 2010

The prayers of a child

One of my favorite things about being a mom, is to listen to the prayers of my children.
I love how children talk to Heavenly Father like he is their best friend. They say what is on their mind.
The other day I was leaving in the car to go to Salt Lake. I asked Landon to say a prayer for us, and this is how it went.
"Dear Heavenly Father
Please bless us that we will drive safely, and not get into any accidents.
Please bless us so we won't drive off a cliff, and please make it so if we are going to get in a wreck, our car will start to overflow. ( Meaning that we will overheat first, so our car won't work.)"
What a great prayer, coming from a kid that has complete faith that he will protect us. He didn't leave any details out, he just told him what was in his heart.
I really hope I can learn from this to speak to my Heavenly Father in a more personal way, because he does hear us and he loves us and wants to hear whats in our hearts!
I love my kids- they teach me so much!

No comments: