"Write It On Your Heart That The Ones You Love Are Life's Most Precious Gifts."

Photography

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Macho Macho Man

I have learned, through having three boys; that being macho and tough is something that comes natural to most boys! They naturally feel that they are protectors and that any sign of emotion shows weakness.
It is a rare thing, that I witness a sensitive side to my boys. Although I am glad that they lean towards the "boy" things in life, once in a while it is nice to see those hidden emotions in them, even when they are trying so hard to hide them.
Tonight at bedtime, Landon was talking to me about Terry's job as a Police Officer. In part of the conversation he asked me "What if Dad died mom?" I proceeded to tell him, that we would have to pull together and take care of each other. I also told him that because of our beliefs, we know that we could be together again someday. The whole time this conversation was going on, Landon was getting teary eyed and rubbing his eyes. I asked him if he was going to cry-and just like the typical boy he made all kinds of excuses to hide this emotion that was overtaking him. He told me he was just tired and had sleepy bugs in his eyes.
I told him that if he was feeling sad over the thought, that this just told me that he really loved his Dad, and that is a good thing.
I just hope Terry realizes how lucky he is to have boys who love and look up to him so much.
He is a great role model to my boys. I know that they know; their dad loves them.
Thank you Terry for being such an amazing Dad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: