"Write It On Your Heart That The Ones You Love Are Life's Most Precious Gifts."

Photography

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

"Did you go to Jail ?"

Today I was in the store with my 4 year old Logan. He asked me "mom are you going to steal that?" I proceeded to tell him that we don't steal, that it is wrong, and that we should always pay for the things we get. He asked me if people that steal are bad guys and I told him that they are doing something BAD when they steal. I asked him if he knew what happens to people who get caught stealing, and he said"no". I told him that the cops come and take them to Jail.
In a really loud voice and with a lot of people around us he said, " Did you go to Jail?"
I could only guess what everyone around me was thinking about our conversation about stealing.

2 comments:

Sarah and Todd said...

Hilarious! I love how kids embarass us so easily. They say the darndest things!

vbergfamlee said...

That's so funny! You'd be the last person in the world to end up in jail. It's so cute how kids are see things so differently than adults do.